If you are new to paper modeling you might find this useful.
The basic tools I use are
- modeling knife / scissors … to cut out and score parts
- ruler … to assist cutting out straight lines
- glue … well to glue parts together 🙂
- cutting mat … as to not damage the table you are working on!
You might want to download and read this Building_tips.PDF I have created which covers the basic steps for building paper models.
Other tools I like are
- chopstick … to help reach areas I cannot reach with my hands/fingers; also to assist in rolling tubes etc
- toothpick … same as chopstick for smaller parts and also to carefully place glue on small areas
Lazy tools I use
- autocutter … in my case a Silhouette Portrait. It is a tool, that with the help of special files, does the cutting of the parts for you
If you still have questions, I recommend forums like Paper Modelers forum. Furthermore there are lots of
video tutorials on Youtube.
Finally, have a look at this great comprehensive Paper Modeling Guide from Jerry Jensen